Founded in 1946, PRÉCIS MÉCANIQUE is specialized in the manufacturing of meteorological sensors.
PRÉCIS MÉCANIQUE is present in 70 countries throughout the world and exports half of its production.
PRÉCIS MÉCANIQUE supplies sensors for all meteorological parameters, as well all related consumables.
PRÉCIS MÉCANIQUE works for Météo-France but also for:
- Main French weather-sensitive organizations (IRD ex-ORSTOM, CEMAGREF, DDAF, CNRS, CEA, Centre d’Études de la Neige, Agences de Bassins, EDF).
- Ski resorts.
- Water treatment plants.
- Abroad: National Meteorological Services.
Products and services
PRÉCIS MÉCANIQUE supply equipments that will allow you to measure the following parameters :
- Occurrence and quantity of rain :
→ Extensive range of rain gauges.
- Solar radiation:
→ exposure to sunlight measurement with Campbell-Stockes heliograph, photon flow measurement…
- Surface winds:
→ Traditional sensors as well as 3D measurements through ultrasounds.
- Upper air:
- Atmosphéric pressure:
→ Mercury barometers, Fortin barometers, pressure transmitters.
- Temperature and humidity of air / ground:
→ Mercury thermometers, electronic tensiometers, thermohygrometric measuring probes.
- Water evaporation:
→ Piche evaporation measurement tool, evaporation tanks (ultrasounds measurement).
- Standard ground meteorological parameters:
→ Thermohygrobarograph, weather stations…